Saturday, June 30, 2012

Unpacked

Location: Old Town - Chicago, IL

I've unpacked my many boxes and I'm officially moved into the basement. A part of me feels accomplished because I'm no longer living out of suitcases and boxes. The other part of me wishes I could have just lived out of suitcases and boxes until the end of August. The idea that I have one or two more big packing/moving endeavors during this summer is a bit daunting. My goal one day would be to fit all of my possession in 2 suitcases. That way I would have the ability to be constantly mobile :)

As I did the physical unpacking I also did a bit on mental unpacking...

As I face the possibility of really going overseas, for a whole school year, I realized this will be a time for me to put into practice all of the training I've received over the past 4 years. I've become so comfortable being in training, preparing for the day when I get sent out. Now that day is drawing closer and closer and I don't feel ready, sounding very similar to this post.

Things are moving faster than I expected and trusting God, knowing He knows whether or not I'm ready, is quite difficult. But when I began this process I said I would walk through any doors God opens knowing He has a plan and He has yet to shut a door. So I will continue in faith, surrendering my fears and anxieties on a daily basis. I would appreciate your prayers as God continues to lead me, challenge me and shape me.

The house I'm staying in doesn't have internet so my Starbucks addiction is returning :)



Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Love to hear how ur doing! Praying for you! Miss ya lots! - Steven

    ReplyDelete