Monday, June 25, 2012

Reentering

Location: Evergreen Park, IL

I'm back in Illinois and excited not to be living in a hotel room. As much as I loved my roommate and spending time with my Texas friends, it's good to be in a place that feels like home.

I'll be moving to a basement apartment tomorrow (very excited!) and I'll be in my own space. Also, I was able to go to a birthday party yesterday, a Mexican one, and see my friends and students from church.

However, not all parts of coming back have been fun and exciting. It's been difficult feeling so different when everyone else seems the same. It's a similar feeling to arriving home from a mission trip and having your entire worldview changed while everyone else is still caught up in their own lives.

I'm struggling with the idea of support raising, getting people to catch the same vision I have for going overseas. I will continue to pray and seek God's guidance as I wrestle through this process. I would appreciate your prayers as well through this time :)

This post is simple me trying to get some thoughts out and not necessarily and exhaustive treatment of the topic. More to come...

Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment