Friday, June 29, 2012

Reflections on Graduation, part 2

Location: Old Town - Chicago, IL

*Continuing from this post*

I ran into two fellow graduates from my alma mater at Starbucks today. Hearing a little bit about their post graduation life has helped me feel a little less abnormal about my lack of solid direction in life. Some things we have in common:

1. Nobody has a full time job and none of our jobs are in our respective fields of study
2. Every one of us is feeling a bit out of sorts during this time of transition
3. Job changes are imminent
4. Living situations are not ideal
5. We're all seeking God's will and learning this usually means not knowing what's ahead
6. Despite all of this life is much less stressful than it was in college

While I don't have a definite plan about the coming months/year I'm beginning to feel God wants me to be in this place. 

A place where I'm not grasping for control. 

A place where I'm ready to go wherever God wants.

A place where I'm constantly listening, hoping to hear the Holy Spirit's voice guiding me. 

God is sovereign...I truly believe it. However, it hasn't been until recently that I've started to live it. I'm surrendering my thoughts, desires and hopes. I lay them at the feet of my Savior, knowing He will take care of me. 

"Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen."(Ephesians 3:20-21 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment