Friday, June 1, 2012

I'm Back!!!!!!!!

Location: Evergreen Park, IL

My lovely and dear friend Annie has been on me for months to get back into the blogging world. I've been putting it off for a number of reasons...

It was my last semester of college
                                                    
                                                     I was in the process of applying for full-time missions work
            
           I was job, apartment and roommate hunting

                                                                       I was working 3 different part time jobs

As a result, the first thing to go was my blogging time. Along with some of my sleeping time, my workout time and leisure time. However, I'm now graduated, staying with the incredibly generous family of my pastor and I'm headed to Texas for orientation in less than two weeks. Now I have some very minimal free time.

Lucky for me Annie helped me design a new blog, all I had to do was come up with the name and give her some pictures. With the backstory out of the way, I'm going to take some time to explain the meaning and purpose of the blog.

I'm a travel addict. I blame it on the fact that I was born overseas, a military brat to be precise. I travelled all around Europe before I was three years old. I moved to the States when I was three and over the next two years I lived in Florida, North Carolina and Texas. My final and most permanent move was to Michigan, near my mom's family. However, my mom worked hard to let us travel and throughout my schooling years I traveled to Florida, Texas, Mount Rushmore, Grand Canyon, Hilton Head Island, New York, Germany and Venezuela. Traveling was in my blood.

Something I didn't realize at first was traveling could be used for God's glory. It wasn't until I went on my first overseas missions trip to Germany that I realized my relationship with God, my passion for travel, my love for other people groups and desire to learn about other cultures could all be melted together into one calling from God. I began to investigate missions which led me to Moody Bible Institute. 

It was at Moody that I began to develop a deep love for theology. My professors exercised great patience with me as I dug deeper into the complexities of Christian doctrine. They helped me foster a desire to learn all I could about God's Word. I began to read books by Piper, Grudem, Erikson and Ryrie in a way I never had before. 

Now that I have graduated I've began seeking a way to combine my two loves once again. So, this blog was born. Part of my free time will now be spent reading a host of different books (for fun!). Suggestions are more than welcome :) As I travel (T minus 11 days to Texas!) I will blog about both my travels and my reading. I'll share pictures, insights, memories and lessons from along the way. 

Today, I begin my journey as:

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Love you! I feel the same way about blogging but haven't quite found my new direction yet. Maybe reading your posts will inspire me :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOT. welcome back to blogging!

    ReplyDelete