Monday, July 2, 2012

miscellany monday

Location: Irving Park - Chicago, IL

miscellany monday at lowercase letters

1. I HAVE A TEACHING JOB!!!!!!!!!! I'm going overseas to teach ESL officially and I can't believe it. I'm actually going to do what I've been studying for the past four years. I'm in a bit of shock and for security reasons I can't post too much about it. But if you would like to receive my update letters via email let me know :)

2. That being said I have until August 22nd to get all my stuff in order. More moving and reorganizing, but for a very exciting reason. I'm sure my friend Annie will give me all sorts of grief as she always does when I leave for overseas. Never mind that she's going to Spain soon!!!!!

3. I had a really fun weekend :) Both Friday and Saturday I only had to go to one of my jobs and got to spend some time relaxing. It's been awhile since I haven't had multiple jobs in one day. I wonder what it will be like when I just have one full time job instead of four part time jobs.

4. I've spent more time in Starbucks that past couple weeks than anywhere else. The place I'm staying doesn't have internet and since I'll only be there until August it's not worth it to try to get it installed. However, I'm still keeping my caffeine addiction at bay by ordering iced tea. We'll see how long that lasts.

5. As mentioned in #3 my friend Annie is leaving me for Spain. Head over to her blog if you want to know more about it and would like to support her! We managed to spend over 3 hours on the phone on Saturday and I can honestly say I'm going to miss that girl like no other!

How was your weekend? Any exciting summer plans?

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!!! So exciting. Are you able to say what country you'll be moving to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How EXCITING! Congratulations. That will be one amazing experience.

    ReplyDelete