Thursday, July 26, 2012

On My Way {Part 6}


Location: Brighton Park - Chicago, IL

I figured I break my blogging absence (while recuperating from my wisdom teeth removal) with another addition to the On My Way series...

I arrived in Texas on June 12th and I was so excited! I couldn't wait to meet the other candidates and see all of the office staff again. It had been a year since I was at the office and I missed everyone during that year. After picking up some other candidates, short-termers and mobilizers we headed back to the office.

First, we had some lunch and I got the opportunity to say hi to everyone from last year. I also got to spend some time getting to know the other candidates and some office staff I hadn't met last year. Then we started the orientation to orientation :) I was practically jumping out of my seat waiting for the opportunity to talk about the teaching opportunity. God was (and still is) teaching me patience. Afterwards, we spent time sharing our testimonies. It was so amazing to hear how God brought all these different people to this place.

Finally After, I got to speak to the woman who sent me the email as well as a couple who is headed to the same school. The more and more I heard about the opportunity the more excited I became. The next day I emailed the principal of the school and got started on the application process.

It was exhausting trying to fill out the application during my free time at orientation. Our days were packed with training, interviews and meeting everyone. However, by God's grace I was able to finish the application during my time in Texas.

Then began the process of checking references, submitting medical forms and HR putting together a final proposal of the principal.

In other words, more waiting...


*This doesn't really have to do with my journey to getting overseas but I did purchase it because I'm going*

A package with my favorite company name on it was waiting for me when I got home from work this morning...


And inside was...


I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!! The bookworm inside of me is freaking out. I'm torn between my hard copies and my new toy.

Anyone else have an e-reader? How do you like it?

P.S. 28 days!!!!!!!!!!!

*Anybody interested in receiving my update emails with more specifics about this trip let me know (via comment or email) and I'll put you on my list*


2 comments:

  1. I just love this series of yours, Tiff! So neat hearing the back story to your move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yippeee! on your way:) and ps- I had the hardest time when we got a kindle fire! I miss my actual flesh and blood books, haha! I love the way it feels to hold a book in my hands. Because of that my husband mainly uses the kindle and I still cart my books around. but on trips, the kindle is awesome!!! just make sure it's fully charged:)

    ReplyDelete