Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Encouragement (a.k.a. why I love blogging)

Location: Old Town - Chicago, IL

I have been on the receiving end of encouragement lately...

It started this past weekend when I received a surprise in the mail. A real amazing surprise :)

You know that feeling you get when you sort through your mail and it's not junk, bills or something from a mass distribution list? The feeling you get when you you see a hand written address.


When you see a return address from a person, not a company.


When you turn it over and someone's taken the time to write "a note special for you". That's the feel I got this past Saturday when I received a note from Samantha

Inside the envelope I found an encouraging note from this sweet blogging friend, a source of encouragement as the preparations for my trip continue. I sat down and soaked up every word of the note, thankful for friends like her. 



I hope one day I can meet this amazing girl in person.

I received quite a similar feeling when I opened my financial management page for my upcoming trip and a new donor's name popped up. Most new donors email me and let me know that they will donate but this name took me by surprise.

It was my dear friend (both via blog and high school) Annie who donated to my trip. This amazing girl who just got back from a trip of her own sacrificially gave to my trip. I was humbled and overwhelmed with a sense of gratitude. I can't wait to see her in person (so SOON!), give her a big hug and hear all about Spain.

There are other girls who have done the same who aren't mentioned here but I appreciate just the same. These just happen to be the girls who most recently, in a time of great stress, have blessed me.

I hope as I continue blogging to forge these kinds of relationships with other amazing young women. If you want to know more about my upcoming trip let me know. I would love to share!

*A quick note: I apologize for being so sporadic in my blogging recently. My life has been quite busy with preparations and hasn't left much time for much else. I'll be playing catch up the next couple days :)*


Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. Sweet friend, I'm so glad this got to you at just the time you needed it! This entire post makes me smile. Thankful for you!

    ReplyDelete