Monday, July 23, 2012

miscellany monday

miscellany monday at lowercase letters

Location: Brighton Park - Chicago, IL

1. My oral surgeon is amazing. I had my wisdom teeth extracted on Saturday and everyone warned me that I would be in a lot of pain and heavily reliant on the narcotics. It didn't happen. My biggest problem is some jaw stiffness which makes it difficult to open my mouth very wide or talk, probably a good thing for me ;) I have to admit though the food choice leaves a bit to be desired but I'm not going to complain.

2. Annie is back from Spain!!!!!!!!!! This makes me so happy because I've missed her a ton! Also I can't wait to hear all about her time over there and what God did in and through her. 

3. I leave for overseas in 31 days :) That's one whole month. This seems so insane to me, mostly because I don't feel prepared in the least bit. However, God is faithful. He has been providing step by step and guiding me through this process. If you want to know more about this trip send me an email.

4. I'm managing to stay on top of my to-do list every week. I don't know how it's happening with my hectic schedule but God is giving me the wisdom of how to manage my time wisely. As a result my to-do lists are no more than 1 or 2 post-its on my computer. This may sound like a lot but usually my to-do lists are 4 to 5 post-its. Let's hope it stays this way for the rest of the summer.

5. I've got to watch a couple movies this weekend as I was recovering from the anesthetic, What's Your Number?, In Time and This Means War. I liked them all and I'm nervous that my movie addiction will soon be returning.

How was everyone's weekend? Any big summer plans coming up?


3 comments:

  1. yippee! You leave so soon! So excited for you:) and i'm glad the removal of your wisdom teeth didn't hurt too bad! have a GREAT day girl! Love Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm excited annie's back too, even though i don't live near her :) she's a gem and so are YOU! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HELLO!

    it's taken me TWO WHOLE STINKING WEEKS of being back from spain to get to reading this post. I HATE BEING BEHIND ON READING BLOG POSTS.

    and i hate that you and i haven't skyped yet. argh. let me know if you have some type this week to skype!

    also also also: how did wisdom teeth extraction recovery go?

    i can't believe you're leaving me soon.

    i watched this means war on the way back from spain and i liked it!

    ReplyDelete