Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Thanking God for a headache

Location: Old Town - Chicago, IL

I'm a scheduler. With four part-time jobs I have to be or I would lose my mind. Yesterday, my schedule went to pieces.

Not just running late...

Not a missed appointment...

My schedule crumbled to bits and pieces. As I was sitting in the unending Chicago traffic on my way out to bank I started getting a severe headache. I was trying to figure out how I could fix the current dilemma. As the pounding in my head increased, I took a deep breath and turned on one of my favorite Spanish praise songs. I made a conscious decision to use my time in traffic to praise God for my situation.

From that point on the afternoon continued to bring one stressor after another but I meditated on:


"do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."(Philippians 4:6-7 ESV)

God is teaching me to be joyful in the midst of difficult circumstances, to surrender all and trust Him. 

Luckily, I got an exciting surprise that evening :) I got to speak to the principal of the school I will be teaching at this fall. It was so helpful to speak to him and get some of my questions answered. It's going to be a busy 2 months!

2 comments:

  1. I love hearing how you turned your stressful situation into another way to praise God. And that's wonderful about your principal! Little things like that can be the biggest blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your perspective - something i need to remember!

    - lauren

    ReplyDelete