Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Saying My Goodbyes (Chicago Edition)

Location: Brighton Park - Chicago, IL

Be warned: This post is photo heavy

Since my commissioning my days have been full of goodbyes. I'm leaving for a whole year and as a result have the difficult task of saying goodbye to my friends, some of whom I may never see again. The past few days have included...

Late night froyo date with Stephanie, one of my fellow interns from last summer


 This is my after-a-full-day-of-work-i've-gone-completely-insane-look


Left: Cake Batter covered in chocolatey goodness Right: Cheesecake with raspberries and chocolate sauce

Dinner at Dawn's Apartment


Yummy vegetables 


Chicken before


Chicken after (Chicken adobo to be exact)


Cinnamon topped oatmeal muffins for dessert

Saturday Breakfast with Heidi


Coffee with caramel and milk


Turkey bacon (there's a first time for everything)


View from the sun deck toward the lake


View from the sun deck towards the west side


Homemade french toast (made with challah bread)


How cute is my Californian friend?


<3

Farewell to Sunday School



We're not very good at group picture taking ;)


I'm leaving them in very capable hands


La Colombiana!!!!!!!!

Breakfast with Esperanzita 


 Delicious Flan and my new perrito :)


One of the many gifts from Esperanzita 

Farewell Chicago...it's been marvelous!

4 comments:

  1. You should've warned that this post was very FOOD photo heavy. Ah, my mouth is watering...especially for the froyo. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww..I know how hard goodbyes are...So very emotional and difficult. Praying for you as everything changes..but some very exciting things headed your way!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm! so many delicious foods in this post =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. just thinking of you today:) praying for you as you embark on your epic God journey:) love it! many prayers coming your way darlin! love Katie

    ReplyDelete