Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A little bit of blog love

Location: Brighton Park - Chicago, IL

My car is stuffed and I'm heading back to Michigan today!!!!! The rest of my week is quite busy so I'll be MIA from the blogosphere. However, during my absence let me throw out some reading suggestions from blogs that have been quite encouraging to me recently :)

Photobucket

I'm forever indebted to Annie for introducing me to the world of blogging. She got on my case when I wasn't consistent and has helped me with every reincarnation of my blog (I think I'm on number 3 right now). Her blog has always been an example for me. Not only in the design but also in the way she pours out her hearts in the posts. Her vulnerability and writing style teach me every time I read a post. When I grow up I want to be a blogger like her :)

Check out her collection of posts about how God called her to Spain. (Fair warning: I cried a couple times)

Sweetness Itself

Erin's heart for encouraging young women is inspiring to me. She has a desire to "inspire women to love God, chase dreams and pursue purity". How amazing, right? When I read her posts I am encouraged by her honesty. God has consistently used her blog in my life to convict and challenge me in my faith. She's also one of the sweetest people I've met via blogging. I don't think I've ever gotten a reply/comment from her that doesn't make me smile. 

You should definitely read this post about pursuing purity, as a Disney princess fanatic it particularly caught my eye :)

blog1

I don't even know where to start with Samantha. We found each other through a series co-hosted by the two lovely ladies above with two other bloggers. Since then our friendship has grown via blog comments and numerous emails. As a fellow teaching nerd we have loads to talk about. As is true of all of the girls in this post it is her lovely heart that has grabbed me. She has a heart for the nations and is thinking about teaching overseas one day. It is such an encouragement to have her in my life...she's a gem.

Find out why she wants to be a teacher in this post...the dress she's wearing in the picture makes her look very teacher-like :)


Katie is another blogging friend with a passion for the nations. Her love story is amazing. Her posts are wonderful. Most of all, the encouraging comments/replies I receive in my inbox from her light up my day. She's also a fellow traveler and her collection of travel photos are exquisite. I'm most excited to see how God works in her life as she continues her journey with Empowering Lives International.

Learn how she got there in her series about her heart for Africa... {part 1} {part 2} {part 3}.


Whitney doesn't have a blog button...yet :) She's one of my dearest friends from college. I met her freshman year and we became acquaintances. Thankfully, God brought us back together junior year to become close friends. Recently, she's been through quite a trial and her strength and courage throughout the whole ordeal has been awe-inspiring. This blog is quite new and I can't wait to see how God uses her in this new season of life. 

My favorite post so far is about a topic close to my heart...striving for excellence in everything you do.

That should keep you busy until I get back ;)


6 comments:

  1. I love these ladies too!
    Thanks for sharing :)

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't this blogging community the sweetest thing? I never dreamed that some of the relationships I've made with other women would be so real. So thankful for our friendship that isn't limited to just being "blog friends." Can't wait to talk to you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh Tiffany, thanks so much for posting this. You are so sweet:) The feeling is quite mutual! HAve a great day girl:) love Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh thank you for these suggestions and a little bit about each one! so awesome! can't wait to check them out... and ps as you know, annie is my FAVE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh friend i'm so honored to be a part of this list. i will have you know that YOUR blog is one of my favorite weekly (sometimes daily!) reads and i just love your heart for Jesus :)

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. apparently i make you cry a lot. i'm not sure how i feel about this.

    i read your story tonight and it made me cry.

    i'm honored to be a part of this list! i'll have to read the other posts you've recommended here.

    ReplyDelete