Monday, August 6, 2012

miscellany monday

miscellany monday at lowercase letters


Location: Brighton Park - Chicago, IL

1. Wednesday night was spent celebrating the birthday of a VERY special woman from church. She has greeted me with a smile, kiss and hug every Sunday for two years. I felt so privileged to be a part of the celebration of her life. I will miss these ladies so much!


The birthday girl



Some of the small group ladies


My side of the table

2. On Thursday my mom drove all the way from her house to Chicago (5 hours in the car not including stops or the time difference) with my twin brothers to pick up a large amount of my belongings to take back to MI. I'm so blessed right?

3. I got to have brunch with this very special girl on Friday morning. She even got all dolled up for me :) It was so amazing to be able to spend time with her before I leave. She's been such a special part of my life for the past year and a half. I'm going to miss her!

4. I don't think I've every been so thankful for a thunderstorm than I was on Saturday. I was scheduled for my first (and last) double shift at the pool (9:45 am - 8:45pm). Luckily for me, after I got back from my break a huge storm rolled in and I sought refuge inside. No one came for the rest of the evening and I got to catch up on some reading.

5. I found out yesterday that I have three other girls who will be on the same flight overseas as me. This provided some much needed relief. Now I don't have to worry about arriving by myself :)

How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment