Friday, August 3, 2012

On My Way {Part 7}


Location: Brighton Park - Chicago, IL

After leaving Texas I began the nerve wracking process of waiting for approval. I was in consistent contact with my application liaison and the principal of the school. All of my forms were in and my references had submitted their recommendations. I prayed that God would open the doors necessary if it was where He wanted me this next year and close the doors if He had me somewhere else.I was stuck in limbo. The principal of the school was expecting me to join the team in the fall but I didn’t have an official contract. I was doing Skype conference calls with the other teaches but I hadn’t been processed through HR. My supporters were praying about the process without too many details about the opportunity.

Then, it all came together very quickly. I got an official email welcoming me to the team, a contract to sign and spoke to the principal on the phone. All of the sudden I was making a list of questions to ask, being included on the email thread and researching the Arabian Peninsula. I wrote, printed and sent out a newsletter announcing this new season of life. Responses started coming in immediately. God demonstrated and is still demonstrating His faithfulness, care and provision through this whole process.After this huge step forward, a trip specific to-do list (quite a lengthy one) began to form. It seems every time I cross something off another task gets added. By God’s grace, I will be able to finish it. 


*Anybody interested in receiving my update emails with more specifics about this trip let me know (via comment or email) and I'll put you on my list*

No comments:

Post a Comment